Thursday, August 7, 2014

Color Studies







I don't often listen to Pharrell, but when I do, darn it, I'm gonna do me some color studies!!
From his "Happy" music video. I'm not the best painter, many of my friends could do better- check out their links on the side of this blog! :)

Speaking of happiness:
"You have made us for yourself, God, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you."
St. Augustine, (who lived a loooong time ago!) like most of us human beings, searched for fulfillment and satisfaction in other human beings, in his career and success, and in a decadent lifestyle, but when he finally listened to his deepest yearnings for truth and meaning, for real happiness, he found God. Have you ever felt that restlessness?

In my one little lifetime of trying to be a disciple of Christ, I can say clearly that it's worth it. Because being Christian means constantly working with God to train your mind and your heart- to maximize how much you're able to love, how much you laugh (often at your own self), how much you learn, and how much you can let go, or forgive. It gives color, flavor, aroma, clarity, enduring warmth, and meaning to life. May the peace of Christ, which surpasses all that anyone or anything could ever offer, become known to you . . . may it be yours.